Thank You For Your Interest In LNBC
Below are current job opportunities:
Minister of Children
Job Title: Minister of Children
Purpose: The Minister of Children is responsible for the development and promotion of the children’s programs of Lake Norman Baptist Church (1,100+ members).
Type: Full-Time, Exempt
Reports to: Minister of Education
Oversees: Nursery Coordinator (Part-Time) & Children’s Ministry Assistant (Part-Time)
- Leads a life governed by the Bible, committed to the Lordship of Jesus Christ, a Spirit-led leader called and empowered by God to serve in this capacity.
- College degree and seminary training and/or extensive experience in Children’s Ministries.
- Must be willing to be a part of the team approach to ministry, serving as one of the professional ministers of the church staff.
- LNBC membership required upon acceptance of the position.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop a Children’s Ministry (Birth through 6th Grade – 250–300 children) that is Christ-centered, introduces children to God’s plan for their lives and promotes the following:
- Introducing children to Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior.
- Assisting children in growing in their Christian faith.
- Helping children to learn the great doctrines of the faith.
- Assisting children in learning the values of Christian service.
- Assisting children in sharing their faith with others.
- Assisting children in applying scripture to their everyday life.
- Design and develop a Children’s Ministry that keeps the spiritual growth and well-being of children at the core of everything that is done. Thus, while a Children’s Ministry will incorporate many fun and entertaining events, such events are never to be what defines the success of the Children’s Ministry.
- Introduce, instruct, lead and inspire the children of Lake Norman Baptist Church in missions activities that are deemed appropriate for their age level.
- Develop and direct a program of Children’s Worship: Current programs include Worship Kid’s style (for ages 4 through 6) and Club J (for grades 1st through the 4th grade).
- Develop and administer safe and effective Saturday and Sunday nursery and preschool programs.
- Provide direction and support to lay leaders in overseeing ministries to children in the Children’s Division. Help them to understand their roles and guide them to minister in a manner that glorifies the Lord, edifies the church, and meets the needs of children.
- Work closely with the Week-Day Pre-School Director to ensure policies and procedures are consistent with LNBC’s Children’s Ministry.
- Provide leadership and support with the Music Ministry staff for children’s musical development and productions.
- Prepare and communicate information to keep children and their parents apprised of ongoing activities and ministry opportunities.
- Provide leadership, support and direction to ensure the effectiveness of Vacation Bible School (400+ children), AWANA (200+ children) and Upward (300+ children).
- Plan with lay leaders, activities or events for children during summer, school vacations, or weekend events to include a devotional time. Communicate such activities or events in the church bulletin and email blast.
- Prepare a Children’s Ministry quarterly report to be given at church conferences.
- Lead in screening, enlisting (along with the Nominating Committee), and training lay leadership to work in the Children’s Ministry.
- Plan and oversee the budget for the Children’s Ministry. Work closely with the Minister of Education and Financial Staff to make needed purchases in accordance with church policy.
- Pursue professional development by attending (Minister of Education approved) workshops, conferences, and other professional meetings specific to the changing dynamics of Children’s Ministries.
- Plan and implement a program of Parent-Child Dedication events.
- Counsel children and their families as requested. Appropriately refer to the Counseling Ministry.
- Work with the Nursery Coordinator to enlist workers and coordinate childcare needs for Sunday night, Wednesday night, Saturday Night, and special event programs.
- Serve as chairperson of the Children’s Ministry Team conducting team planning meetings for the Children’s Ministry.
- Establish contacts and build relationships with key staff members at local Christian and public/private elementary schools.
Resumes should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.