Who Are MOPS?
Whether you are in the midst of your first pregnancy and are unsure what to expect, or your youngest just started kindergarten, MOPS has something in store for you. MOPS is for all mothers of children ages birth to five years old. MOPS is a place where moms have the opportunity to make new friends, share experiences, learn from each other, laugh together, and learn biblical principals pertaining to womanhood, marriage, and parenting. MOPS provides opportunities for social outings and community missions geared specifically for preschool-aged children and their families. We strive for your MOPS experience to be:
- Relevant, so every mom will know MOPS is for her.
- Relationally Inclusive, so every mom feels welcome and accepted in the community.
- Growth-Oriented, challenging each mom to grow as a woman, mother, and leader.
- Purposeful, teaching how each mom is part of God’s bigger purpose, picture and plan.
- Passionately Christian, drawing every mom (and her family) one step closer to Jesus.
Who Are MOPPETS?
MOPPETS are our children. While moms are enjoying a morning of refreshing, children are being cared for in a loving environment called MOPPETS. They are divided into age-appropriate groups and are involved in planned activities such as games, stories, crafts, music, and physical play. All of our MOPPETS workers have been carefully screened by both LNBC MOPS members and LNBC staff.
About LNBC MOPS
Lake Norman Baptist Church is excited to be hosting a MOPS group for mothers in the community. We provide a welcoming environment for mothers to meet, connect with and encourage one another through this journey of motherhood through the preschool years. Our mentors are on hand at most meetings to provide additional encouragement, advice and prayer for anyone who seeks the wisdom of someone who has already navigated through their journey as a MOP. In our open, accepting community of MOPS, we will learn from great mentors and each other, be equipped with excellent tools for implementing what we learn at home and continue to shape our own personal mothering style. We have exciting speakers, creative solutions and activities planned for this year, so check us out! Invite a friend!
MOPS Meetings are held twice a month on Thursdays starting in September continuing through May. MOPS begins with brunch at 9:30AM in the LNBC Fellowship Hall.
What to Expect at MOPS?
Each meeting begins by dropping of your precious little ones at MOPPETS childcare. The following two hours you will enjoy uninterrupted time for brunch, conversation and learning new ways to grow as a mom. Our meetings are designed to equip moms with practical ways to make mothering more effective and our goal is to always point moms back to Christ. MOPS offers the support and encouragement that moms today need to help them center their hearts and homes around Christ.
MOPS 2016 – 2017: We Are the Starry Eyed
This is evidenced by the fact that we are people who are meant to live by both sunlight and moonlight. Our natural rhythms revolve around the circling of sun and moon. Yet often our tendency is to cling to one, the one that is more comfortable, forgetting that our fullest living comes when we embrace the swirly mix.
Starry Eyed means looking for the light even when darkness is enveloping. It is an opportunity to hope recklessly and to witness God’s presence guiding things seen and unseen, comfortable and uncomfortable.
When we reflect back over our lives, this year is going to stand out. It will be the year that we decided to live fully by both sunlight and moonlight. Because audacity is rising in the deepest and wildest parts of our souls. And the best part is, we will experience it all together.
So the question becomes, When was the last time you felt fully alive? The last time you were so swept up with wonder that it took your breath away? That kindness made you feel powerful? Or audacious hope unraveled fear? This is the year to experience all of it.
Because We Are the Starry Eyed.
What’s the Cost?
- For anyone who is new to MOPS, we invite you to attend your 1st MEETING FREE.
- If you decide to join MOPS, there is a $25.00 Annual Registration Fee for MOPS International, our parent organization. The registration fee is paid one-time annually at the time of registration. In exchange, you will receive a monthly magazine, weekly email, online resources, and a free gift directly from MOPS International.
- Semester dues are $50.00 for Fall Semester Chapter Dues and $50.00 for Spring Semester Chapter Dues. Chapter Dues* are paid at the 1st meeting of each semester and when paid up-front, GUARANTEE your child’s spot in MOPPETS for the ENTIRE semester. (Chapter Dues are used to provide all the resources of the ministry that are available during each of the local chapter meetings, including but not limited to: MOPPETS Childcare, Creative Activities, and other meeting supplies, Guest Speakers/Mentors, MOPS Scholarship Fund, local community Missions projects, etc.
*All fees are subject to change as required to support the ministry.
How Do I Join?
Childcare for the MOPS 2016 – 2017 year is now full. If you would like to join MOPS without childcare, please contact the MOPS Coordinator, Julie Fay, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Questions About MOPS?
Please email our MOPS Coordinator, Julie Fay, with questions about the MOPS ministry.