“In Him the whole building is joined together and rises to become a holy temple in the Lord. And in Him you too are being built together to become a dwelling in which God lives by His Spirit”. Ephesians 2: 21-22.
Our Mission is “to encourage and equip married couples to build their lives together in Christ and to become a dwelling in which God lives by His Spirit.”
The Married Life Ministry strives to have an event at least once per quarter to build and enrich strong marriages in Christ. We provide childcare in a safe setting in our church, so couples can relax and reconnect during this time.
To get involved or for more information, please contact the church office at (704) 892-0143.
Marriage Ministry Curriculum Currently Available
Premarital & Seriously Dating Couples
1. Prepare/Enrich Computer Profile
Couple completes profile enabling us to determine both theirstrengths and growths areas. This helps us determine what topics to cover during the 8 to 12 week sessions.
2. Course Notebook used called “Before I DO” Topics come from theresults of the profile. These sessions help to “divorce proof” their future marriage.
Before I Do comprises the following:
Section 1 – Lay the Foundation for a Lifelong Marriage
Section 2 – Discover God’s Gift to you – your mate.
Section 3 – Survive a Positive Identity change
Section 4 – Fight with your mate & please God too.
Section 5 – Ensure the “I Do’s” last a lifetime
Section 6 – Walk the Spiritual side of Marriage.
Section 7 – Plan your future together, together
Section 8 – Prepare the Marriage for a lifetime of pleasure.
This is performed in an individual couple fore mat – not in a classroom style.
1. Separate topics covered depending upon requests/needs.
2. Class-style or individual couple sessions
“The Smart Step Family” by Ron L Deal
1. The Seven Steps to a Healthy Family
Facilitated by Gail & Rick Myers thru Lake Norman Baptist Church
Questions or details please call Rick or Gail at 704-766-0467 or LNBC at 704-892-0143
Some of our past events have included:
- “Date Night” – couples meet at the church to hear a brief message (about 25 minutes) and convene to a one on one date with your spouse;
- Catered events at the church with national speakers and authors; and
- Off-site events at WinShape (Rome, GA), Ridgecrest and The Cove (Billy Graham Training Center) in the NC mountains.