How do I join Lake Norman Baptist Church?
It’s simple. The steps to join LNBC are:
- Express an interest in joining LNBC by:
- Coming to the Pastor’s Greeting area to speak with a Pastor or Counselor.
- Calling the church office for a personal appointment with the Pastor or Pastoral Team.
- Sign up and attend the next scheduled New Members Class (3rd Sunday of each month). This class meets in the large room on the third floor of Building D (see below).
- Be presented to the church for affirmation.
- If you have not previously been baptized by immersion, you will be notified of the next scheduled baptism so you can participate.
Are There Prerequisites for Church Membership?
Yes. The Bible teaches that to be a member of a local church you must be a baptized believer in the Lord Jesus Christ (Acts 2:41). Upon making your commitment of faith in the Lord Jesus Christ, one of the first public acts of obedience is baptism. Jesus commanded that all of his followers be baptized (Matthew 28:19).
What If I Am Not Southern Baptist? Can I join Lake Norman Baptist Church?
Yes. All are welcome to join regardless of past denominational affiliations. The priority is faith in Christ and baptism by immersion.
What About My Children?
Children are welcome as members of the church. At the end of the service they too can speak to one of the counselors regarding membership. They will receive special counseling by a trained and caring adult.
Are There Different Ways to Join Lake Norman Baptist Church?
Yes. There are several ways that people may join LNBC:
- Profession of Faith and Baptism: For one making a public profession of faith in Christ for the first time (new believer). The new believer is instructed to follow the Lord in believer’s baptism. Their status as a member candidate is not changed to active member until they have been baptized.
- Baptism: For one who has made a prior profession of faith but has not been scripturally baptized after receiving Christ. Their status as a member candidate is not changed to active member until they have been baptized.
- Statement of Faith: For one who is not presently a member of another Southern Baptist church but professes faith in Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord and has been baptized by immersion as an act of obedience and public profession of faith.
- Letter of Transfer (From a Southern Baptist church): For one who is presently a member of another Southern Baptist church. A letter initiated by LNBC to the membership applicant’s former church notifies them of the request for a transfer. Their status as a member candidate is not changed to active member until the letter has been received from their previous church.
Sign up For Our New Membership Class
To learn more about Lake Norman Baptist Church you can sign up for our new membership class by clicking the button below. Classes are held once a month from 9:00AM-12:00PM. For any questions, call the church office at (704) 892-0143. Note: There will be no New Member’s Class in the month of August.