LNBC Has A New Way To Give!
In a digital age when people are increasingly paying bills and conducting commerce online, Lake Norman Baptist Church (LNBC) has chosen to make online giving available to those who are interested. LNBC teaches that living “debt free” is a worthy goal for all Christians. Online giving does involve the use of credit and debit transactions and makes no distinction between the two. You may also utilize electronic funds transfer (EFT). Care and concern should be exercised by every giver in using credit cards for giving. We offer this option only as a convenience and not as a way to circumvent sound biblical money management principles or incur debt. Users of online giving are responsible for setting up and controlling their online giving options. You can designate where your giving goes (general fund, building fund, benevolence, etc.) and the frequency in which they give. They will be able to constantly track their online giving by logging in and viewing their history. Online giving is secure and tax deductible. You are free to give via the weekly offering in the worship service, by mailing your contribution in to the office, or now by the internet. We welcome you to give whatever God has called you to give, however God has called you to.
New Ways to Give
You may currently have scheduled giving set up in our old online giving system through Vanco. We are now in the process of transitioning our online system to a new giving experience called Pushpay, which allows for simple giving from a variety of platforms, including mobile giving. This has replaced online giving in Vanco. It is our goal to get all recurring giving switched over in the next three weeks, so we need to get your scheduled gifts transitioned to the new system. More info will come to those with Vanco accounts on how to cancel your current scheduled gifts.
Giving cash/checks at church is not always convenient. Our new giving app will allow you to give to Lake Norman Baptist Church anywhere at anytime in as little as 10 seconds! CHECK IT OUT HERE!
If you would like to text to give, you can do so by texting ‘GIVELNBC’ (all 1 word) to 77977. This will direct you to our new link/app, via Pushpay. Simply follow the quick and easy steps to set up your new online giving account today.
Benefits of online giving:
- You can prioritize giving in your budget. The Bible indicates giving is to be a “first” and not a last or left-over matter in my life. Read Proverbs 3:9-10. It is easy to let our standards and intentions be compromised by the press of expenses and billing cycles. Online, your giving is done automatically.
- You can increase your faithfulness. Have you ever forgotten your gift, left it at home, or pledged to double it in the future? Have you had times where you have fallen behind because of travel and other schedule interruptions? Online giving provides a way to strengthen your faithfulness.
- You can help your church. Through online giving, you expedite your gift, simplify our accounting, and strengthen our base of regular support.
- You can encourage faith and faithfulness in the lives of fellow believers. As you plan and prioritize your giving, you will lead the way for others to grow and mature in their spiritual stewardship. Being a forerunner in this new area of planned giving, you can provide personal testimony and example for others to follow.
Frequently Asked Questions
- By making an Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) using the secure E-give page to enter your information. It is perfectly safe, secure, and easier than writing a check. You can set up an automatic EFT on a one-time, weekly, semi-monthly, or monthly basis.
- By using a debit / credit card transaction. Use this option as a convenience only, and never incur credit card debt.
Lake Norman Baptist Church prepares and adopts an annual budget. This budget is carefully prepared with detailed planning spanning many months. The budget is an operating tool that guides our church in ministry, missions, and operations. It is important that every member and attendee understand their God-given role in supporting the financial needs of the church through systematic giving (tithing) to the church. Giving envelopes are mailed to each church family monthly and provided in the Worship Center.
It saves time! It saves work! It simplifies your life! You can avoid the hassle of writing and remembering checks! It can also help your consistency and faithfulness in giving.
Once you authorize the EFT transfer, your specified contribution is electronically transferred directly from your checking or savings account to the church’s account. Options include a one-time, weekly, or monthly transaction.
On the dates specified on your authorization form. You never have to worry about forgetting a contribution or mailing it in on time.
Since your contribution is made at a pre-established time, you simply record it in your check register on the appropriate date.
Your bank statement gives you an itemized list of electronic transfers. It is your proof of contribution. The church will also record your gift and send you a record of your contributions on a quarterly basis for your tax records.
Online Giving is less risky than handwritten checks. It cannot be lost, stolen, or destroyed in the mail. It has an extremely high rate of accuracy and is easier for the church accounting office to process.
You can update your profile and banking information at any time.
You can cancel your authorization by notifying us any time. But once you’ve enjoyed the convenience, time, and money savings of Online Giving, we doubt you will want to go back to making contributions the way you did before.
- Proverbs 3:9, “Honor the LORD with your wealth, with the firstfruits of all your crops…”
- Jesus taught that our money is an indicator of our hearts and Paul taught that if we are loved by God and love Him in return we would give cheerfully, sacrificially, and regularly.
- The Bible teaches that God is the Owner of everything, including our money and possessions. When we give, we give back to God what He already owns. Our giving is an indication of trust, discipleship, and commitment. We believe that the minimum Biblical standard for giving is 10%, commonly called a “tithe.”
- Jesus Christ had more to say about money than almost any other subject in the Bible.