Lake Norman Baptist Church now has online giving available!
In a digital age when people are increasingly paying bills and conducting commerce online, Lake Norman Baptist Church (LNBC) has chosen to make online giving available to those who are interested. LNBC teaches that living “debt free” is a worthy goal for all Christians. Online giving does involve the use of credit and debit transactions and makes no distinction between the two. You may also utilize electronic funds transfer (EFT). Care and concern should be exercised by every giver in using credit cards for giving. We offer this option only as a convenience and not as a way to circumvent sound biblical money management principles or incur debt. Users of online giving are responsible for setting up and controlling their online giving options. You can designate where your giving goes (general fund, building fund, benevolence, etc.) and the frequency in which they give. They will be able to constantly track their online giving by logging in and viewing their history. Online giving is secure and tax deductible. You are free to give via the weekly offering in the worship service, by mailing your contribution in to the office, or now by the internet. Although online records will not reflect any manual giving, both online and manual giving will be included in your quarterly report. We welcome you to give whatever God has called you to give, however God has called you to. Donate Now Benefits of online giving:
- You can prioritize giving in your budget. The Bible indicates giving is to be a “first” and not a last or left-over matter in my life. Read Proverbs 3:9-10. It is easy to let our standards and intentions be compromised by the press of expenses and billing cycles. Online, your giving is done automatically.
- You can increase your faithfulness. Have you ever forgotten your gift, left it at home, or pledged to double it in the future? Have you had times where you have fallen behind because of travel and other schedule interruptions? Online giving provides a way to strengthen your faithfulness.
- You can help your church. Through online giving, you expedite your gift, simplify our accounting, and strengthen our base of regular support.
- You can encourage faith and faithfulness in the lives of fellow believers. As you plan and prioritize your giving, you will lead the way for others to grow and mature in their spiritual stewardship. Being a forerunner in this new area of planned giving, you can provide personal testimony and example for others to follow.
Frequently Asked Questions
- By making an Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) using the secure E-give page to enter your information. It is perfectly safe, secure, and easier than writing a check. You can set up an automatic EFT on a one-time, weekly, semi-monthly, or monthly basis.
- By using a debit / credit card transaction. Use this option as a convenience only, and never incur credit card debt.
- Proverbs 3:9, “Honor the LORD with your wealth, with the firstfruits of all your crops…”
- Jesus taught that our money is an indicator of our hearts and Paul taught that if we are loved by God and love Him in return we would give cheerfully, sacrificially, and regularly.
- The Bible teaches that God is the Owner of everything, including our money and possessions. When we give, we give back to God what He already owns. Our giving is an indication of trust, discipleship, and commitment. We believe that the minimum Biblical standard for giving is 10%, commonly called a “tithe.”
- Jesus Christ had more to say about money than almost any other subject in the Bible.